A Different Approach to Pain Relief
Modern cryotherapy has been around for more than 40 years, helping patients address swelling & healing issues – but what’s the best way to ‘cool’ an injury? Ice starts too cold and melts quickly; gel is much too cold for safe unsupervised use (doctors warn that ice/gel applied for more than 20 minutes risks tissue or nerve damage from reduced blood flow). Water circulating devices are bulky, expensive and hard to use. Space Ice Therapy has changed this – putting the power of cryotherapeutic, thermax wax cooling in an easy-to-use, safe, comfortable wrap!
What It Is: Safe, Therapeutic Thermal Wax Cooling Therapy
Unlike ice or gel, Space Ice Therapy wraps use a laboratory-grade alkane hydrocarbon solution, a unique “thermal wax” inside the clear pockets of each wrap. Until fully melted the pockets stay at this perfect therapeutic temperature.
What It Does: Space Ice wraps hold a comfortable, consistent temperature for an ideal length of time and will not over-cool (no risk of ice burn or frostbite). It pulls heat away from the injured area, reducing inflammation, swelling and pain, allowing your body to do what it does best: heal itself naturally.
Space Ice products are supplied with everything you need right from the package – simply “charge” it first for use!
– How to Charge (or recharge) for use: When the wrap pockets are clear/transparent, simply place the wrap in a refrigerator (or freezer if you’d like it to charge faster). Lay it flat for fastest charging. (Place in a plastic bag if you’re using a common area fridge.)
– When it’s Ready: After about 20 minutes in the freezer or about 40-45 minutes in the refrigerator you will see that the pockets have turn from a clear liquid to a bright white solid (“charged”) – the wrap is ready for use! This is much faster than ice-based or gel-based products can be charged for use!
– Wear it (against skin or over clothing): Place the wrap on your body, the white side facing your skin. Secure it with the supplied Velcro straps until it rests comfortably. NOTE: If you don’t like the feel of the wrap directly against your skin you can place it over a thin garment, simply making sure it is snug enough to feel the cooling effect. That’s it – Relax and let it work! You can even go to sleep or continue to go about your day while Space Ice Therapy works to pull heat and inflammation from your injury.
- FDA Class I Medical Device; One-size-fits all.
- Temperature safe – no risk of over-cooling.
- Drug free approach to pain relief and reducing inflammation.
- Latex free, safe to wear directly against skin.
- Doctor Recommended, Therapeutically Used & Tested.
- Can be used on-the-go. Can be used while sleeping!
- Can be used again and again, as often (and as long) as is needed.
- Simple to clean with soap/water or isopropyl alcohol. Optional Enzyme Cleaner keeps it super fresh-smelling!
- Durable, breathable, comfortable design – easily adjusted to stay in place.
- Ready to use in minutes – Recharges much faster than ice or gel.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A. using USA-made textiles and Phase Change Material.